Why not? Landon is young, smart, and wants to adventure out, spread his wings, find those unanswered questions. He would rather be in Alaska with his friend who left the same day, but $1,400.00 is hard to come by just for the drive down, to the ferry in Bellingham, and the boat ride to a little Island called Juneau. We are happy that Chris and Lacey invited him down to stay with them while he looks for work.
Landon is a great young man, a hard worker, a smart worker, and makes people laugh. I always felt at peace around Landon even though I was most frustrated with the cluttered bedroom, dirty dishes, piles of dirty laundry on the floor of my laundry (which I would end up washing cuz he's my baby and I could never resist his cute face). His dog Danner near drove me to the nut farm for the first 2 years of his life. I think Danner wore a cone on his head more than not, crashing into everything, bitting off his guaze wraps, opening up his stitches, having diarrhea attacks, Jumping on a tomato cage and putting a deep punture wound in his belly, getting stuck under the deck and trampling down every flower that was put in the ground He is the most needy dog I have ever been around. Danner doesn't do the "dog turn" just before laying down. He just plops his body down, usually right on top of you, many times on very uncomfortable places, but no damage done thank goodness. We have grown to love Danner with his big brown eyes that melt your heart when he looks up at you with his head resting on our lap. We love the way he tries to sneak up on the couch with us one paw at a time slowly trying to get his back paw up to no avail.
To make a long story short folks, we now have Danner. For how long? Probably for the remainder. Don't worry Landon we are not upset, we'll just chalk up another one to our lives raising kids.
We wish you the best. Be prayfull, Be helpfull, and keep them laughing. We love you!
Landon and I tapping down a cover on his box of ammo in case it rains or snows. The last thing to do before they leave and it is getting dark.
Landon's motorcycle is in the back of Kents truck with boxes. His truck went on Kents trailor. They had to switch out the wheels for a smaller version so that the truck would fit on the trailor.
Goodbye....we will miss having you around.
Danner did not like the flash of the camera
Danner misses you too Landon.
You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Grandma's Covers
When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
1 comment:
We've had fun so far. I don't think Landon has had much time actually realize he's here...for good. Not just another visit, but a long term deal. Oh well, when that settles in he'll be missing his mommy. And, he's already talking about his dog and how he needs Danner! Awww...Landon's a softie!
Post a Comment