My daughter wrote a remarkable piece on her blog site "shadesofgrey" about journaling and the impact it has on her life and who she is as a person. I loved reading it. She is so real and such a remarkable person. I commend her for journaling over the years. She has such a gift for writting and poetry.
Her post got me thinking of my own journaling or lack of. I don't journal enough because it is hard for me to put into words what I'm thinking and usually goes down on paper different than I feel at the time.
My particular kind of journaling is made up of several different scrapbooks that I have done over the years. Pictures do tell a story, however; they don't tell the struggels that get us from one happy picture to the next. Frankly for me I choose to look at my photos rather than read any journaling I may have kept in the past because it depresses me. I mostly complained and whinned a lot. I have had some pretty heavy challenges raising a family and staying married. Years ago I decided to keep a journal by my bed where at the end of a crappy day I write down all of my blessings of that particular day. I feel so much better about myself, my kids my husband and my life.
Speaking of pictures/photos; in 1990 I went to my first scrapbook-journaling class. I enjoyed it so much that I bought my first 2 scrapbooks. A green one for Clint's photos and a pink book for Lacey's photos. From there I did a scrapbook for each of my other three children. I loved scapbooking so much that I put together a binder for each one of my kids with all their school work and art that I had saved all through their elementry years.
Over the years I have also finished 4 scrapbooks of our family for Lance and I. A scrapbbook of our wedding and a scrapbook of our Cook Family Campouts. I did a fun scrapbook out of lunch sacks for Lance one Father's day of all the kids. I have a book of my friends and the fun things we do. A book of all our family traditions. A book of each one of our grandchildren, and did a scrapbook compiled of all the odd pictures left over that I didn't know what else to do with and titled it "Our Kids At A Glance". I put together a cute gospel scrapbook for my grandkids when they come to visit and started a book of my childhood and a book of all mine and Lances trips to Oklahoma. I enjoy scapbooking so much especially with my daughtes and friends. I will probably scapbook til I'm too old to see and too crippeled to use my hands. Also I hope to continue to journal my blessing, because I am blessed and need to remind myself daily.


Her post got me thinking of my own journaling or lack of. I don't journal enough because it is hard for me to put into words what I'm thinking and usually goes down on paper different than I feel at the time.
My particular kind of journaling is made up of several different scrapbooks that I have done over the years. Pictures do tell a story, however; they don't tell the struggels that get us from one happy picture to the next. Frankly for me I choose to look at my photos rather than read any journaling I may have kept in the past because it depresses me. I mostly complained and whinned a lot. I have had some pretty heavy challenges raising a family and staying married. Years ago I decided to keep a journal by my bed where at the end of a crappy day I write down all of my blessings of that particular day. I feel so much better about myself, my kids my husband and my life.
Speaking of pictures/photos; in 1990 I went to my first scrapbook-journaling class. I enjoyed it so much that I bought my first 2 scrapbooks. A green one for Clint's photos and a pink book for Lacey's photos. From there I did a scrapbook for each of my other three children. I loved scapbooking so much that I put together a binder for each one of my kids with all their school work and art that I had saved all through their elementry years.
Over the years I have also finished 4 scrapbooks of our family for Lance and I. A scrapbbook of our wedding and a scrapbook of our Cook Family Campouts. I did a fun scrapbook out of lunch sacks for Lance one Father's day of all the kids. I have a book of my friends and the fun things we do. A book of all our family traditions. A book of each one of our grandchildren, and did a scrapbook compiled of all the odd pictures left over that I didn't know what else to do with and titled it "Our Kids At A Glance". I put together a cute gospel scrapbook for my grandkids when they come to visit and started a book of my childhood and a book of all mine and Lances trips to Oklahoma. I enjoy scapbooking so much especially with my daughtes and friends. I will probably scapbook til I'm too old to see and too crippeled to use my hands. Also I hope to continue to journal my blessing, because I am blessed and need to remind myself daily.
1 comment:
I loved looking at the books you brought to our scrap booking saturday. You have such an amazing talent. Thank you so much for sharing with me. And also for helping me. It means a lot to have people like you willing to be my friend. Thank you!
Post a Comment