Kent, my son in law invited our family to go camping on the Wine Cup Ranch over Memorial weekend where he spent his youth hearding cattle. Some friends of theirs Tadd and Nicole and two of Kent's half brothers also joined us. The Wine Cup is a Ranch in Nevada 25 miles out of Eli. The ranch itself is 1 million 200 thousand acres. Once owned by the actor Jimmy Stewart, which sold many years ago and is now for sale again for 150 million. I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was that there was no water or out house available, pretty primitive.
Lance, Kimberly, myself and Kent's half brother Jerimiah left early Friday afternoon to pick out a camp spot . Kent and the others came up later.
2 and 1/2 hours driving we got to the Wine Cup. Opened the gate and were on our way to a camp spot. There was a lot of this, actually miles and miles......
And this......
"We are in a Journey not a 4 wheel Truck." We crossed the creek and up over the hill was a dead end "Meadow" with tall grass, a stream and beautiful willows , beaver ponds, bitter brush and wild roses. "Here we are Kim. Is this okay?" Kim laughed, "I guess so, It's dark!"
all the Wine Cup
Looking down on Quacking Aspen. Perfect Elk Country
The little white spot below the 2 bigger spots of snow are the beaver dams just above our camp
Breaking camp Monday afternoon
I had a great time. I love the outdoors. There is so much beauty to enjoy and appreciate. Being with family and friends and sharing this experience with Kent was well worth the long long drive. I'm looking forward to coming again to share this beautiful country with the rest of my family who were not able to go this time. Few times in my life have I enjoyed something so much that I wanted to share it with everyone I know. This was one of those times. It was simply beautiful and amazing. Thank you Kent and Kimberly for a wonderful trip.
2 comments:
Wow. All of the pictures are amazing. It makes Wine Cup look SO INVITING! I wish we could have been there! Coleman could have ran and ran and ran for hours, and I wouldn't have had to say "No". Maybe we'll be able to join you next time. It looks so pretty..the creeks, clouds, meadows, out house, bon fire! So cool! I miss that kind of camping!
I am so extremely green with envy right now. But, I am very glad I found your blog and that I got to see all your lovely pictures.
Post a Comment