You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


May 21, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL

Okay, is she crying because Adam lost, or because Kris won?Kris really didn't think he was going to win, obviously!
I love American Idol. I remember watching the first season when Kelly Clarkson
won over Justin. I thought the talent was amazing. Justin had a great voice too. Every year since has been better and more amazing than the year before. But I have to say this year was the best ever. Any of the top 5 could be professional given the right opportunity. I felt that Adam was too good for American idol. He has more talent and ability than many of the professional singers we listen to now. His voice is so CLEAR and powerful. I really hope he doesn't go SLAM BAGGIN HARD ROCK, SCREAMIN and breaking guitars on stage kind of star, because he has a soft side that moves people. He can diffenitly scream, that we all know.

Kris won because the youngsters would buy his kind of music over Adam. Simon said that the vote would come down to what album would they buy, Adam's or Kris. The young voters spent 4 hours voting over and over and over. I would cast around 20 votes and by that time I was bored with it and quit. I have better things to do with my time.

I think the more Kris sings and is given opportunity to grow, he is going to be a very good singer and do very well. I already look forward to next year to see what they come up with . I don't think they can top last nights program though.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I totally agree. I can't imagine what they'll line up for next season to top this season's finale. I love the sheer SHOCK on Kris' face after he was announced as the new American Idol. Such a funny picture! His cute wife probably peed herself, too! Adam will be iconic anyway, so it's all good, in my book, that Kris took the title. Adam will be around for MANY years without a contract with AI. Kris, well, he'll need that contract to get his career headed in the right direction.