
New Years Day the first thing I heard was "Debbie time to get up and get dressed I want to hit a matinee today." My reply, "A matinee is in the afternoon, I'll get up in a little while." Lance replies, " It is the afternoon." Yep I actually got to sleep in till NOON. And the best part about it was I heard nothing until Lance opened the door. I didn't even feel Danner (Landon's dog) wedged up against me so tight I couldn't move. Pure bliss! I did get right up though since I had plans to take down all the Christmas decorations and FINALLY get caught up on the laundry. I got on the phone and called Gateway in Salt Lake to see show time and purchase tickets. All the show times were sold out except at the Jordon Commons out on 90th South. After trying 4 different times to order tickets the recording would disconnect so I had Lance look it up on line. By the time he got the computer up and going it was 1:15 p. m. Frustrated, I asked him to iron my sweater while I ordered the tickets and printed a copy of our confirmation. I got dressed and grabbed my shoes and socks, hopped into the truck and we were off to the movies. Some of you know Lance's driving habits. #1 he never speeds. #2 He forgets that there is a carpool lane. #3 he listens to talk radio and #4 he always, I mean always, always talks about seeing deer up on the mountain as we safely, slowly drive on the freeway towards Salt Lake. Not something you want to hear when your running late in heavy traffic. I'm really holding back my anxiety trying not to put a crimp in the day but DANGIT going 60 miles an hour when we're late as it is and the parking at the Jordon's is always a nightmare. Lance! please speed it up a little!!! He replies, "Is it off 60th or 90th?" I pull the confirmation out of my purse and read the directions.... 3743 West Parkway....South Jordon....WHAT! It was obvious that I had bought tickets at the wrong theater. "I don't even know how to get to that theater. Forget it and let's just go to Jordon Commons and take our chances."
So that's what we did. We got there 10 minutes late, parking was a breeze, they were out of popcorn so we got fish and chips and a large drink, found our seats which were great and watched the best movie I have seen in a very long time.
MARLEY & ME.
My sister gave the book to her husband, then she read it and gave the book to my mom and she read it. They loved the book so much that when the movie came out I put it on the list.
They couldn't have picked two better people to play the roles in this movie. Owen Wilson looked healthy and great and Jennifer always does such a good job. Very well written, down to earth, real life, putting a grin on your face through the entire movie, except the end. The humor was wonderful.... No violence....sex scenes...foul language... leaving the theater feeling good/sad.. but a good sad. GO SEE THIS MOVIE.
We ended the day by taking steaks over to mom's and having a tasty dinner with my mom, Henry, my sister and her husband.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
So that's what we did. We got there 10 minutes late, parking was a breeze, they were out of popcorn so we got fish and chips and a large drink, found our seats which were great and watched the best movie I have seen in a very long time.
MARLEY & ME.
My sister gave the book to her husband, then she read it and gave the book to my mom and she read it. They loved the book so much that when the movie came out I put it on the list.
They couldn't have picked two better people to play the roles in this movie. Owen Wilson looked healthy and great and Jennifer always does such a good job. Very well written, down to earth, real life, putting a grin on your face through the entire movie, except the end. The humor was wonderful.... No violence....sex scenes...foul language... leaving the theater feeling good/sad.. but a good sad. GO SEE THIS MOVIE.
We ended the day by taking steaks over to mom's and having a tasty dinner with my mom, Henry, my sister and her husband.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3 comments:
I am so glad you wrote about that movie because that is one i have wanted to see.So i am glad it got a good review!
Whew! I just got done reading the last 10 or so blogs...nicely done, and I'm guessing it was time consuming!? I don't think Mya ever stops smiling. Her cheeks are so tight and dimpled! I love it. Your collages are very cute. I forgot how much the snow makes me miss winters in Utah.
Kimberly and I are going to see this movie next week, and leave the kids with the guys! Wahoo!
Coleman loves his bike, and I'll post about it on my blog soon.
I agree with you 100% on the movie. It was sooo good. I love your header. What a good looking family you have
Post a Comment