You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Grandma's Covers
When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
Oct 21, 2008
80 Years Young
Recently My siblings and I had the privledge and an honor of celebrating our mothers 80th birthday. It was comical when we all started e-mailing back and forth as to what to do for mom's birthday. I often thought , "wait a minute, what ever happened to talking on the phone?" since I'm not real savoy when it comes to computers, however I'm learning a ton having this blog. When it was all said and done.... it was still not all said and done! But we pulled it off, high 5 to all. We took mom to a classy resturant up Millcreek canyon called Log Haven. The atmosphere was perfect and the food was like none I've ever had before. I think the waiter had to explain everything on the menu, TWICE! The food was French and the menu had names of dishes that were, well, French. The food was divine, the company was great. Too pricey for my budget to ever go there again, at least not again this year. We presented mom with a Saphire ring which was gorgeous, and fit to boot. Sunday afternoon we had a fabulous BBQ at my brothers house. The weather was perfect to sit outside, listen to the great band, "Reminisce" and visit with family. All the great grand and grand kids hid in the garage just before mom showed up. She was asked to get something out of the freezer which was in the garage. She opened the door and, you guessed it, SURPRISE! It was a lot of fun. Mom was presented with a money tree from the grandkids. Estimated to be around $250.00 and a book of tributes written to her from all the family members. The next surprise was when "ACME SINGING TELEGRAM" came and did a comedy act. I've never laughed so hard. The guy was dressed like a total nerd with a capital N! He brought mom a baloon boquet and said he found her on the internet under, ''Lonely Mormon Women.Org." It was absolutely hilarious since her girl friends put her profile on a singles site just for kicks and she found someone and has been dating for 3 months. The act went on from there. I highly recommend Acme they are worth your money. Acme Singing Telegrams. com We listened to more music, then went in to watch a dvd that was put together with pictures of mom over the years that family had donated, Kleenex's anyone? We served cake and ice cream. Sorry mom, you didn't do well blowing out all the candles. No there was not 80 of them. The night was a huge success. It was one of those times where you sit back, take a sigh of relief and count your blessings that you are a member of an amazing family. With all the differences and uppity attitudes that come with a large family, when it comes time to party or honor someone our family Kicks Butt!Especially when my brother who lives in Vernon Washington drives up with his entire family,with high gas prices for the occasion. Thank you Brad and Trudy.I know first hand how that can be when money is tight and no longer growing on the tree.I love you both. Thank you mom for your compassion,love and example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment