You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


Oct 21, 2008

80 Years Young

Congratulations Mom and Henry are engaged
I wasn't surprised when I got the phone call. Mom
sounded excited and at peace with her decision to
remarry. I did reminisce a little about dad and all the
great times he had with his family, and laughed inside
thinking of his sense of humor and how funny he was.
It made me feel sad for awhile. I'll always miss my dad.
Life isn't to be spent alone and mom has been alone for
10 years. Henry is a wonderful man and I am happy for
them both. Mom can wake up every morning now and
have something to look forward to....a companion!

I found you on Desperate LDS.org
Happy Birthday Great Grandma
Mom reading cards from grandkids with her friend Henry
The band "Reminisce" was a great blend of salsa, oldies and romance
My brother Daryl who is the gourmet chef
Kimberly and Kent tieing on the "Bills" to the money tree
Great dinner at Log Haven up Millcreek canyon
Front..Me, Mom, sister LuAnn. Back.. brothers. Brad, Daryl, Randy
Mom with her desert.. a piece of chocolate singed Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Lacey said...

It's true that our Cook side hasn't been that close lately, with everyone moving on to their own little lives, but I'm glad that everyone rallied together to make a sweet-action party for the one grandma who deserves it most! I am so sad that I missed it. Did grandma cry when she opened the garage door and saw all of her grand and great-grandchildren? Good times. I had pictures to send of Coleman and her, but missed the boat. Sorry. Did everyone get a DVD of the pics? If so, copy and mail me one please. Living out of state stinks! Love you.

KO said...

It was a blast. Our family dynamic is changing, but its amazing how we could all come together to pay tribute to such a remarkable woman! Way to go!

Lacey said...

I have to comment again on the pictures you added. Grandma looks SO GOOD! I hope I look that good and am still going at 80.