You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


Jan 15, 2010

HONORING THE BIRTHDAY BOY

Today is a good day, a day that I want to honor my husband. It is his 57th year that he has lived on the earth. A long time under his belt of happy times, sad times, difficult times and times with an incredible family that love him.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  

Over the 33 years we have been married his birthday usually is put on the back burner til we have some money. He has never complained or felt jilted and just enjoys hangin out with his family. 

He grew up pretty simple and has always had a strong family relationship with his siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, Aunt's, Uncles and Grandparents that is genuine, and has a heart felt love for all. Whether it's a reunion, funeral, wedding, or celebration of some kind, he is involved and drawn to that closeness of family. I love that about him!

I love the way he pampers me when I am sick or having a melt down.

I get frustrated and angry when someone does him wrong. Lance on the other hand has never held a grudge for anyone. It's amazing really. He is polite and cordial to everyone he is around. He doesn't waste time on being bitter and angry. I love that!

I love the way he is always willing to look out for the under dog. He always has other peoples needs in mind. When he sees a good deal, hears of something that could benefit another person he is on the phone with them to let them know. I remember him collecting scout shirts for years and hanging them in our fruit room, just in case a scout in the ward or in the family could not afford to buy one, he would send them over to the house and give them a shirt. I am appreciative that he has a big heart and loves his fellowmen.

I love that Lance is excited every Sunday to go to church. He actually looks forward to it. I look forward to sleeping in. I don't understand that kind of enthusiasm for sitting 3 hours, but he loves to mingle with the brothren and be with the Saints on Sunday. He looks forward to every Priesthood session prior to General Conference, takes great notes and shares the meeting with the family. He also loves to teach. I personally cannot imagine how that would feel. I have taught and I can say that I did not love it. He enjoys reading so much that he reads through his lesson material every evening taking notes until it is his week.  He is always so prepared. I love that!

I love the way that he still can sit with his boys and have conversation even when they are not interested, but he still hangs in there. Good or bad I know that he longs to be close to them. When they were little there wasn't anything they wouldn't do for him. He was their HERO. He could out hunt anyone. He is the best camper around; can see deer on the mountain side miles away. They loved that he  could sho0t the bulls eye on any target with his eyes closed. He could fix anything that they broke. He would carve them knives out of wood on Sunday afternoons while sitting on the porch just visiting. They loved to go to the mountains scouting for anything with four legs. But now that they are grown and think they have it all figured out, he seems to struggle getting his boys to do much of anything anymore, but he loves his boys so much that he never gives up...... I love that!

 Lance has always had an incredible amount of strength. BONUS...He can still lift me up and hold me....WOW!  I do love that!

I don't love it when he snores, but I chuckle when I nudge him and wake him up with, "Lance, your snoring!" he replies, "Gee I must have been asleep." I love that!

It has been a blessing in disguise that he has been able to fix anything, literally! Washing machines, dryers, lawn mowers, plumbing and CARS. We get good deals on used items and then he maintains them til they die. I remember a lawn mower we had that I was so sick of. It was hard to use, it kept stopping and starting while I mowed the lawn. Lance would work on it at least once a week. I celebrated when that machine finally died! I did love that!

I love the fact that he is so willing to cook me anything, anytime. He just can't cook! Sorry honey....I still love that!

I love the fact that he does laundry. Usually all his work clothes. Now and then he will do all the laundry. He crams sooooo many clothes in the washer that the clothes can hardly agitate; however he will do laundry  and I love that!

It causes me some anxiety when he wants to be with me 24/7. The fact that he wants to be with me is comforting......I love that!

Lance loves to work. He looks forward to getting up everyday and going to work. He learned how to work hard at a young age on the farm and through his young adult life which has stayed with him. He not only knows how to work but he works hard. He has loved every job he has had, and the jobs have been many.  His jobs may not have given us the life style that we wanted and sometimes just plain needed, but he has always worked and worked hard. I love that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY
I LOVE YOU

2 comments:

Lacey's easel said...

*smile* It's true. I have the world's best dad!!! Isn't he the greatest guy ever?! I think so! I love him, too...and everyone would benifit by knowing him!

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased that Debbie still finds so many things lovable about me. I guess she hasen't published her hate list yet, I hope she never does she is my roof she compleats me. Daddy Lance