Sometimes it seems as though my life is out of control. The days are shorter and the list of projects and things to do gets longer. I wake up each morning anticipating all the things that I will do that day. I go to bed that night with the same list thinking "Where did the day go?" I try to simplify my life yet with 5 children, 3 grandchildren, a husband, a job, a church calling, a yard , a home, a dog, an aging mother, and myself, "SIMPLIFY " is not in the equation! With my days getting shorter and my list pretty much staying the same scratching off an item here and there, I scramble around wondering "What am I missing out on?"I am so pre-occupied !
Did I stop to have conversation with my husband? Did I say hello to my boys as they come home from work or ask how their day went? Did I take time to pet the dog and give her any attention? Go to lunch with a friend? Take a walk?
I needed this video. I get so busy that I need something like this to put me back on track and say, "What Matters Most?"
What-Matters-Most
Shared via AddThis
You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Grandma's Covers
When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
2 comments:
Thank you Debbie for sharing that. What a great message!
Thanks for posting that!
Post a Comment