Wednesday I was cleaning the apartment, picking up toys, vaccuming, dusting, and laundry. I was straightening Lacey's couch cover as I have done many times before. I was tucking in the back cover and heard a SNAP! I pulled out my hand and saw that my knuckle was hanging and I couldn't hold it up, it just hung. I thought I had broken my finger. Lacey grabbed a popscicle stick and put it under the joint and wrapped it up so that it stayed straight. Later realizing that it was the knuckle that was hanging, Lance and I decided to go to the ER in Norman. They took 4 xrays and determined that I had snapped the tendon. Yay! I get to see the orthopedic surgeon when we get home and have surgery to repair the tendon. Of course it's on the hand that I write with.
You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Grandma's Covers
When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown
2 comments:
Debbie that looks like it hurts!! I think you are just trying to get out of work when you come home. You have the cutest little grandchildren. I hope besides the finger you are having fun and enjoying your family. We miss ya here. See you in a bit
Oh MY Debbie! That looks aweful! You don't sound like it was very painful as much as it is creepy to look at! I hope you can mend soon. I always thought Coleman was capable of snapping a finger...I didn't think Lacey's couch would eat your hand!
Post a Comment