You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


Apr 16, 2009

A DRY SPELL

We finally have our computer back. Rebuilt with more hard drive and cleaned up. I've been two months without my computer. At first I went into with drawl. After a couple of weeks I started scrap booking, deep cleaning and keeping up on the laundry, "Oh there's my OU lounging pants I haven't seen for weeks, laying under a stack of towels, and a new lip gloss I bought while in Oklahoma stuffed in a pair of levis I was missing." I got to bed every night before 2:00 a.m., cooked some meals and started going back to the temple.
Being without a computer helped me see the error of my ways as to how much time I was spending Blogging, TOO MUCH!
When our kids were little and I was a stay at home mom I watched a lot of daytime TV and the kids watched afternoon cartoons for at least 2 hours a day. We decided to turn OFF the television for 1 month and spend that time as a family doing other things. We bought the kids books and art supplies. Every afternoon they would pull out their paints, crayons, markers, scissors and glue and create wonderful drawings and worked on oodles of art projects together. After a week or so we didn't miss TV all that much and realized the time spent in front of that square box was truly a waste.
I love blogging and staying up to date with Lacey and her new other blog
"Shades of Gray", and seeing pictures of Coleman, but I won't be blogging like I use to and that's ok.

No comments: