You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


Feb 2, 2009

BLOODY MONDAY

Bloody Monday- is over
The final week of January began a blood bath for the job market. Over 71,000 more job cuts were announced on the following Monday.
At least 6 companies from manufacturing and service industries cut thousands of jobs. More than 200,000 job cuts have been announced so far this year and more than 2.6 million jobs were lost in 2008. The highest yearly job loss since 1945.
The consumer has been hit hard. Less spending equals more job loss.
Construction machinery manufacturer said that it will cut 20,000 jobs.
Pfitzer said it would cut 10% of its staff of 81,900 and close 5 of it's manufacturing plants. A second round of cuts will be the combine Pfitzer/Wyeth
staff at a 15% cut of its employees.
Sprint/Nextel, Home Depot, Texas instruments , Warner Bro. Entertainment, Microsoft, Honda, Motorola, Walgreens, Macey's, John Deere, Ethan Allen, Cigna, Hertz, Boeing, Intel and more....also having huge layoffs. It's a terrifying start to 2009.
Some time ago I started buying a case of food each time I went grocery shopping. The one thing that is hard for me to remember is WATER. Food storage is not much good to my family without water. There are so many options out there of how to store water. I think that buying water bottles by the case will be a good start until I can invest in bigger containers. Fuel is also important. Propane for the grill and a portable toilet. I know that if I'm prepared, the out dated food and all I have tried to save will have the Lords blessing and my family will be okay. Remember to pray for our President

1 comment:

Lacey said...

It makes me grateful that Chris has a job,even though it pays little, it's still a job! I forget water too, and every time I buy bottled water we end up drinking it...oops.