You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Grandma's Covers

When you were small.....and just a touch away,
I covered you with blankets against the cool night air.
But now that you are tall.....and have moved far away,
I fold my hands and cover you with my goodnight prayer.
*Author Unknown


Nov 13, 2008

LET US NOT DENY HIM

Sunday in my Relief Society class we were instructed on The Second Coming.The sister warned us that the lesson would be disturbing and scary to many of us. She asked that the Spirit would be with all of us and bear witness to us of the truthfulness of the signs that will usher in the second coming and also the urgency of being prepared.
The spirit bore witness to me during the lesson that I need to get prepared. Get prepared spiritually. Do those things that I know will STRENGTHEN my TESTIMONY and the testimonies of my family. I admit I was a bit freaked out at the urgency I felt.
A few quotes from the lesson...
"With the sword and the bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightening also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations...Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come: for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord"
"We see that perilous times have truly come, and the things which we have so long expected have at last begun to usher in....
"It is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgements, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and the righteous shall hardly escape; yet many of the righteous shall fall prey to disease, to pestilence, etc..
"The earth is groaning under corruption, oppression, tyranny and bloodshed; and God is coming out of His hiding place...
"Wherefore, comfort one another, even as ye also do, for perilous times are at hand....Peace is taken from the earth in part, and it will soon be in whole; yea, destructions are at our doors, and they will soon be in the homes of the wicked, and they that know not God."

I fear that I shall see the second coming. I fear because I'm not as prepared as I need to be, and I hate the thought of all that may be brought upon myself and my family in the form of disease, illness, and even early death. Not one of us is going to escape trials and we need to be strong enough in our FAITH and in TESTIMONY to still believe and love the Lord no matter what. I'm strong and nothing could crush my beliefs but I fear I would weep the remainder of my days.
I saw this video on YOUTUBE. It is when Paul denied knowing Christ three times. How sad for him and how disappointed was his Savior. We need to prepare. Let us not DENY HIM

No comments: